Monday, June 16, 2014

DIY: A Simple Cheese Board




When I go out for dinner with my boyfriend I love ordering a cheese plate for dessert. I never get feed up of cake or cheesecake or chocolate but sometimes I just want to munch on some cheese and crackers. Cheese and crackers are the perfect snack for relaxing at home in your PJs too. To brighten up a dreary weekday we decided we'd make our own cheeseboard and it turned out to be really tasty and fun. Now I'm not saying I'm a cheeseboard expert, I'm not even a dinner party throwing kind of girl. That said I think this little DIY is perfect for sharing with a date or stuffing your face with curled up watching Made In Chelsea. Here's my guide for making your own cheese board to enjoy at home, sharing is optional. 

1. Pick your cheeses: there's aged cheese (Aged cheddar), soft cheese (Camembert, Brie), firm cheeses (Gruyere), blue cheeses (Stilton) and then cheese made from different milk (Goat, Cow, Sheep). Pick a selection of these, I don't like blue cheese so I left it out, it's your board pick whatever you like most! I had Wexford mature white cheddar, Carrigaline farmhouse garlic and herb cheese and Brie (all available in Tesco).
2. Add crackers/bread: You can try crackers with different flavors such as rosemary, sliced baguette is really nice with soft cheese and there's also bread sticks.
3. Add a meat if you like: Try cured meats like salami and prosciutto 
4. Some fruit maybe: Fruit goes really well with a cheese platter, try grapes, sliced apple, pears or strawberries.
5. What about condiments/sauces: I like chutneys, relish, caramelized onions or even honey.
6. Serve: On a plate, a slate, a wooden board...
7. Lastly, a drink:  Obviously wine and cheese plates go together but I'm not a big wine person so I picked pink lemonade. It's meant to be fun so have whatever you like!

If you make your own cheeseboard leave me a link so I can have a look
xox
Share:

1 comment

  1. This was a really great post, I have a weakness for ordering a cheese board when I go out, so I will definitely be trying your idea and making my own at home. Thank you for the inspiration and I hope you have a great week!
    Camille xo.
    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig