Wednesday, March 4, 2015

What's In My Bag: New Handbag Edition



My lovely sister got me a very generous River Island voucher for my birthday as I love their handbags and always buy mine there. Normally I go for large slouchy black handbags, that I can throw everything under the sun into and never have to empty. This time I went for a very different choice, with a structured leather look satchel bag. It's so cute and although it fits plenty it's neat look makes me want to keep it neat inside too. The bag was €45 so I had enough left over on my voucher to get a matching purse too (€22).  Instead of just sharing new bag I thought I'd do a what's in my bag post. I love these kind of posts, like home tour posts, it's fun to be a little nosy. As it's a new bag I currently only have what I actually need in it so I didn't need to hide loads of wrappers and receipts for a change.

Hair Care: I always always have my Tangle Teaser (€15.99 in Boots) in my bag, I truly don't know how I managed my unruly hair before I had one of these, it's a knotty hair girls essential. After my hair is tangle free I keep a cute bow hair tie from Peaches & Cream to throw my hair up out of my face. 

Beauty: I normally don't wear makeup for work, but if I do it's a simple look with just 3 products that fit easily into my bag: Smashbox BB cream (€34 in Boots), a dab of cream blusher robbed from my sister) and some mascara (this one is from No7). This BB cream is amazing, I find the coverage good while still looking very natural, it feels lightweight and has SPF 35 which is always a bonus. Perfume is important to have in my bag because I like to smell nice even after a long day, at the moment I have a sample of Jimmy Choo Blossom (much handier than dragging around a full bottle). 

Stationary: As I'm still in college I often need something for taking notes and this glittery notebook from Primark (€2.50) is so much cuter than a plain old refill pad. The pink pen I picked up in Tiger for a euro. Lastly and not at all stationary related is my phone with my amazing chocolate bar cover (€2) from Tiger, 

So that's what I drag around in my bag on a daily basis, if you've done one of these posts let me know I love reading them!
xox
Share:

3 comments

  1. Ah love your bag it's fab! Siobhan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bag and matching purse! River Island do the best selection of bags in my eyes!! Wish my bag was as tidy as yours ha!

    The Pixie Cut | Cosmopolitan ‘Best New Fashion Blog’ Winner 2014

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bag!! that tangle brush is a God send!
    Martina x

    www.martinasmark.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading xox

© thriftylilpixie | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig